Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Vaseline Anyone???

Okay, let me preface this by saying - I WATCH MY KID!! I am NOT one of those moms who turns on the tv to babysit, or just let them play by themselves all day - I swear I WATCH HER!!! Okay, so if you read the previous post, you would know that Michaela has been sick. So I let her pick out her own tissue so she wouldn't mind wiping her nose all the time. Because of that, I have had a jar of vaseline out, she she has enjoyed wiping her nose and then putting the vaseline on her cheeks so they don't get chapped. ANWAY........ The other day my mom and I were talking on the webcam, and Michaela sneezed. I didn't think ANYTHING of it when she asked for the "sue" (tissue) and then the, "Yoshun" (lotion) My mom and I were just chatting away when Michaela says, "Oh nice mommy, see her!" And I look down and see......the whole jar of vaseline......on my child head........ yeah, the WHOLE THING! IT litterally took her three seconds to empty it out and get it all over her head! Not just one little section my friends, her whole head!!! Anyway, it was too late to stop anything, so I got out the camera! Hope you enjoy the pictures as much as we did taking them!

Since my mom was on the webcam - she had to see what was going on too! So here is Michaela showing gramdna her pretty lotion!


Sadly, all fun things must end and we had to figure out how to get this silly stuff out of her hair! In case you are wondering, the ONLY thing that works, is Dawn dish soap, and YES IT STINGS so be careful! We are on wash 13 and she's starting to look like less of a T-Bird now! (grease lightning....did anyone get it?!)

This was her hair after five or six washes! Check out that Mohawk!! (my mom on the webcam again....hi mom!)


This one is adorable. Vaseline really brings out the curls in Michaela! Check out that do!


8 comments:

...Laura... said...

Oh that's too funny! I think she is the 3rd little girl I know in the last year who has done this with vaseline. It must be a popular thing to do at that age! I can't believe how long it took to get out! What a pain!

I love your new background. IT's cute in a different than everyone else's sort of way. Where did you get it? I might have to save it to use sometime.

I don't think we'll be headed through Iowa on our way to MT. That's just a tad bit out of the way! It would be fun to see you though! The good thing is, we'll be much closer to Washington and Utah area, so if you're ever out there, it will be a lot easier for us to plan a weekend getaway to come see you!

Morgan said...

When I saw "the vaseline is almost gone" post on FACEBOOK I thought it was some intimacy thing with you and Jordan... :)

Chelsea said...

Oh my gosh. That is hilarious! I'm so glad you got pictures, they are awesome! ps--if all it took was a watchful mom, none of us would ever get into these mishaps. But regardless of how much we watch our kids, these things happen. Just be glad it was grease instead of blood :)

The Fifes said...

that is just so funny! I love her spiky do!! The curls are pretty cute... maybe that's a new secret you'll have...

Renee' P said...

Kids will be kids. It's nice to see that you're the type of Mom who doesn't freak out over these accidents.
I am a little on the tighter edge, but reading stuff like this helps me to see the fun in life & in our kids.
I just love the stories you post on your daugther!
She is truely an ANGEL!

Julee said...

Okay, hehehehe!! That is the funniest post I have seen in a long time!! Kids are so creative!! lol She is too cute!! BTW I LOVE YOUR BACKGROUND!!! WHERE DID YOU FIND IT!!!???? I am working on a blog for the YW in our ward and I am in need of a cute churchy background!!! lol I love it so much me too!! :)

Anonymous said...

That is Hilarious!! LOL

Graham said...

Oh my goodness! I thought there was nothing that Charlotte hadn't done yet! I guess I was wrong.