Thursday, August 30, 2007

Mall Adventure

So I was bored today and Michaela was GRUMPY, so I decided it was time to go shopping. I loaded her up and went to the mall. While we were there I noticed a bunch of people outside this picture place so we headed that way to see what the fuss was about. (I was hoping for something spectuacular like soemone passed out or something) Anyway, it was this picture contest where if your baby wins, they win a bunch of scholarship money and lifetime portraits. Hmmm.... we weren't doing anyhting so I entered her in it and made a mad dash to baby gap. Anyway, that was our day, we don't find out for like a month if she wins, but it took up a lot of time at anyrate. Below is our FREE 8X10, just for entering!

3 comments:

MoJo said...

Ooo, Samantha, I like your taste in clothes. We need to go shopping some time. I never buy things for me, it's always Ella (b/c then I don't have to try them on and feel depressed):) She is so dang cute in this picture! I wouldn't doubt it if she did win, that's for sure. :) Good luck! :)

MoJo said...

Here's the deal....
You NEED to not feel bad saying "NO!". Bottom line. I would say outlet covers and make sure the strings on your blinds are put up out of reach, and if you have any cleaners in cabinets down below put the cabinet locks on them (you can get a kit with all this stuff at Walmart for like $7) Other than that, I would just say the door nob things (you know, so they can't open the doors on their own) but Ella doesn't even need that yet. When Ella started crawling I wouldn't yell at her but very sternly tell her "NO!" when she went toward something she wasn't supposed to touch, then redirect her to something she can touch. I think that was the best way b/c first you tell her "no" but then show her something that she CAN touch. ya know? But it's very important to a)be consistant and b) pick and choose your battles. I would only tell her "no" if it was something that was going to harm her or if she was going to break something. That way she has a lot more things she can explore with out always having to hear "NO" and she feels like she has more of an area to play. I never had to put picture frames or breakables away b/c she knew not to touch them. There are so many moms out there (and dads for that matter) who feel bad telling a 6 mo. old "no" or being stern with them so then they learn mom can be walked all over. My two cents. :)

...Laura... said...

She looks so adorable in every photo! What a photogenic little girl :) She should totally win!