Michaela is finially sleeping through the night again! For the past SEVERAL months, she has been waking up 3 and four times a night, for a snack and to play. Of course, I have been gettign up with her, despite what people keep telling me and of course it's become a habbit! So last Monday, I started the tough love theory on her. We kept the normal bath and story routine, followed by rocking to almost sleep, and then putting her in the crib. But when she woke up, I didn't give her a bottle, I just gave her a pacifier and did my best to put her to sleep. It was a tough week (by the way, people SWORE it would only take 3 nights!) but last night she made it from 8:30 until 9 this morning! I woke up all night thinking something was wrong, but instead, it was RIGHT! Yeah for my little angle!!! Obviously I don't have apicture of her sleeping all night, but what is a post without a little visual aid? So here are just a few pictures......
2 years ago



3 comments:
Isn't tough love the worst!! It's so hard, but it's great when it works!! I hope this is a permanent change!
Yay for sleeping through the night! So glad that you stuck it out. It is so hard but so worth it. Makes me think of how hard it's going to be when they are teenagers! oh man, don't get me started.
I dont know how to add you as a friend and it saddens me..
Post a Comment