Today, this sweet, chubby, angel baby is one! She is Lucy, and the sweetest, most easy going little girl on the planet. She is my sister's baby - and I love her. Her little life so far hasn't been so easy. She has had infection after infection, none of which are your common cold. It has been hormone imbalance, and fever's and ultrasounds and ct scans for this sweet baby. She also has Seizures - way to frequently. She is too little to diagnose what the cause of them are. So for now, she smiles and plays, and her parents hold her and love her. Lucy is Cherished, as she should be. She has a beautiful family, and a gorgeous big sister. Seriously, look at the pictures on my sister's blog - Winn Way - Reagan is breathtaking! Anyway, today is a celebration at the Winn house. Celebrate Lucy and her angelic little smile :) Happy, Happy Birthday Baby Lucy! -Update-Lucy has had 2 Seizures on her birthday and is back in the hospital for more tests.
Today is also a day of uncertainty. This is my nephew, Ethan. He turned one on Sep 9th. He is so sweet and smiley and again, treasured by all who know him. He is sick. He was diagnosed with Spinal Meningitis a few days ago, and isn't showing signs of improvement. So- we wait. We wait as a family, I wait as an Aunt, a friend, sister in law and fellow mother. He may never come back to us in the way that he was, but still, we want him, and will celebrate when our Sweet little Ethan returns - no matter the battle wounds, he will be a Hero.
Then there is Heidi. This all scares me so much! We are so grateful to know her, have her and especially that she is Healthy. They are all so close in age and all the uncertanty makes me want to hold her, and never put her down. I need to protect her, but sometimes feel so small in this big, scary world. How can I leave the house? What if something happens? What would I do?
That is when I remember. Heavenly Father knows what He is doing. I know that. I have felt that, many times before. If these babies have a trial, it was part of the Plan. They knew it before they came here, and just like you and I - they accepted the Plan. The were excited about it, and still are. "I am a Child of God, and He has sent me here." We have families - ETERNAL Families, to get us through. We will live with Him someday, and what a day of rejoicing it will be! Good Luck Ethan, Happy Birthday Lucy, and Stay Well Heidi - we all love you :)





1 comment:
Oh Samantha- You made me cry!! I'm praying for those babies. You and Savannah are so strong I don't know how you deal with sick babies! I hope they can figure out what's going on with her soon... how long b/f they can figure out what the seizures are from? Heidi is seriously adorable too <3
Post a Comment