Today is a very special birthday in our family! Heidi's sweet birthmother, Ericka is 19! In the year and a half that I have known her, I have constantly been amazed at her wit, her flare, her maturity and her baking. She has such a wonderful, giving spirit, that I do hope is as genetic as dramaticness seems to be! Ericka, we are so glad you are in our family, and so glad that you are all the wonderful things that make you - YOU! We love you ever so much :)
I have included some of my favorite pictures of Heidi, because Ericka's largest contribution to our life is her precious gift of our baby. Without Ericka and her selfless act of maturity, grace and compassion, our family would not be what it is today. We love our little Heidi Doll!
Look at this little burrito :) - she is 3 days old here
My two favorite heads - I wonder what each is thinking?!
Adoption isn't only about the birthmother and the adoptive family. It's hard for everyone. Heidi's birth grandparents had a really hard time with the feeling of a lost grandchild. I'm not gonna lie - it was HARD for us to get a long for a few. We persisted however, because with all that passion we knew there was an equal amount of love for Heidi, and we wanted her to have it, and them, forever. I am happy to say that they are very much her grandparents, and she will always know of them as that. We love you Grandma and Grandpa McClure :)
Sister's by Chance - Friends by Choice
Our adoption stories are so unique in adoptionland! Not too common for my best babysitter to also be one of my girls' birthmothers! Ericka has been able to be a big part of Heidi's life and the memories and photo's are priceless.
Happy Adoption Day sweet baby
4 Biological Generations
Sealed to us for Time and Eternity
I Fear (and hope) that things will always be as hectic as this crazy, wonderful day was!
Ericka, we are so proud of you. In this last year you have become such a beautiful woman. I smile with peace and delight to know that you are working, and in college and that your friends and family have embraced your adoption decision so well. I want your life to contain exactly what I want for my own daughters - peace, happiness, success(however you choose to find it), travel, friendship and love. You deserve nothing but the best, and I hope and pray each day that we are doing that for you - raising this sweet baby the best we can so you can be at peace each day with your decision. We love her, and you more than you can ever know!



3 comments:
what an absolutely sweet post!!! You are awesome, and so is Ericka. :)
LOVE this post!
I just want to cry reading this post. honestly. It just brings tears to my eyes seeing you all in your white. What a blessing to have sweet Ericka in your life, and by her grace, sweet Heidi.
Post a Comment