No, this post is NOT about Thanksgiving leftovers. We did have a wonderful Thanksgiving though - the girls and I went to California with my sister's family and my parents, and visited with Grammy Ginny while Jordan headed up to his parents house and spent the day with his Grandparents. We didn't know how else to see everyone that we wanted to see other than to divide and conquor. We are so thankful for our families and the truth of the Gospel in our lives.
Back to the title. For a while now, my leg has been killing me. I limp all the time and it is soooooo time for some kind of surgery to fix it. My back hurts from limping and I feel like it consumes my daily activities - like if I have been up and doing laundry a lot then I wouldn't be able to do grocery shopping because of all the walking. It also makes exercising really difficult and I feel gross about how fat I look/feel. ANYWAY. I feel like all I ever do is complain. If Jordan asks me how I am that day - 90% of the time I say, "My leg hurts today," as if that is all the explanation he needs, or as an excuse for the dishes in the sink or kids in jammies at 2pm. Well today is December 1, 2010, and I will never say those words again! SERIOUSLY. I don't want to be a complainer - so I simply won't do it. Nothing but sunshine and daisy's over here - and I mean it! I am grateful that I still have my leg - so if it hurts, I will look at it as the subtle reminder that it is simply attached to by body. I am not really a gradual person - when I do something I usually do it all the way, like giving up fast food in 2010. So it's easier for me to quit complaining 100% rather than limiting myself to one or two a day. Thus, the title. So, if you ask me how I am or what we are doing or how I am feeling - you will get a positive response :)
Day One: Thankful that I have both legs, and that I can walk, and run and jump.



4 comments:
wow Samantha, you are great. I would just complain!
Oh, Samantha you are too good! Just remember that it's still okay to have a darn right bad day.
I hope your leg does start feeling better soon. :)
You're brave! It's so much easier to just complain than have sunshine and daisies ;) And for the record, you DO NOT look fat/gross. I think you look fabulous!
we should have a leg surgery party together... we both need it... we both complain... we both hate the way it makes us feel... lets just do it and we can be miserable for just a little longer together and then we can have sunshine and daisy lives... are you game!?
Post a Comment