Monday, May 11, 2009

Ladybug Ladybug, fly away home!


As most of you know....(and if you don't...where have you been??) Michaela is our ladybug girl! So I started making her a quilt a few months ago, and this is what I came up with. What do you think? Critics - don't judge too harshly, I have never made a quilt this size before, and I didn't use a pattern, so keep a VERY open mind!

Of course when we were taking the pictures, she wanted to wear her ladybug shirt we made and jump on the bed. So, what do you think? Should I add a bedskirt? Pillowcases in ladybug material or plain black? OR? Should I stick with something much simpler next time???

12 comments:

Smith Family said...

Oh my gosh! SO SO adorable! I love the patterns and colors! Her name on the wall looks so cute too! I think a bedskirt and pillowcases would be adorable! I don't know. Maybe a black bedskirt and black pillowcases with those cute big ladybugs you have on some of the squares. Just a suggestion. It turned out so cute!

Tara and Orlando said...

I LOVE it! Adorable! I think you should do red w/ black dots for the bedskirt and pillowcases. Really, anything in the color skeem will look cute!

Kukay Family said...

LOVE IT! We have always called Myleigh Ladybug too. I agree with "Smith Family". On what to do with the rest of the bedding. Its adorable and I love all of it!

...Laura... said...

LOVE it!!! It looks so darn cute! You did a great job with that quilt... I don't think anyone is going to be judging you!

The Fifes said...

bed skirt of the black and white paisley material--that would look great. Pillowcase... white with black polkadots, and lady bug on it somehow.

Anonymous said...

Samantha- You know I find it interesting that you call her "ladybug". I don't remember if I told you or not, my first red heeler was named "ladybug". I think the blanket is beautiful, the next time I want something sewed together I know where to go too, right! Davea

Violet said...

SOOOOO Cute!!! I totally love it. It makes me want to have a little girl.

I definitely think you should do a bed skirt and pillow cases. It will give it a finishing touch. I would stick with red or white. The black would probably fade with time, sun light, and washing. I saw a suggestion somewhere to use fabric paint and stencils on a bed skirt. Just an idea.

You are so talented!!!!!!

Chelsea said...

LOVE it! It is so good, I didn't know you could do that! I'd go with the black pillowcases. A little bit of a solid goes really well with something like that. I can't wait to have a girl to do cute stuff like that!

Kristin said...

You are awesome! When did you find the time to do this? You are just so creative!

The Winns said...

Come on Slacker! I have posted twice since this one...lol. Love you all, Kiss my Quada!

Julee said...

Oh my goodness Samantha!!!!!! You are SOOOOOOO TALENTED!!!!!!! I am soooooooooooooo in love with her bed set!!!! GOOD JOB!!!! Oohhh I think a bedskirt and pillowcases would be cute...whatever you decide! You look like you know what you are doing picking it all out!!! :) You are making me want to have my mom come down and help me sew something!! lol

Tawnya said...

I think it is the most beautiful quilt ever!!!!!! You did awesome! You have such tallent!