Where does the time go? When I was working, there was so much to do like dishes and laundry and grocery shopping AND go to work from 8-5, and somehow it all got done! Now, there is no 8-5, it's just Sunday through Saturday, 24 hours a day, all at my disposal to get something done. So why on earth is there nothing in the fridge, a million things on the floor and can someone tell me why I am LATE TO EVERYTHING?! I am (a little) obsessive about being on time, and latley, I am at least 15 min late to most everything. I can't imagine what two kids will do to this chaotic schedule! Anyway, I was stressing at my inability to manage a household of three people, when I read an email from a close friend of mine. She said her blog was called boring because she doesn't have a life, it's just pictures of her little boy on there! Her response was that her life was her family, so that is what her picutres were so that is what her blog was about. It got me thinking, I guess I feel so busy because I would rather play "gonna get you," or dance to silly songs or make it to story time at the library instead of dishes. And when Michaela is sleeping, I like to make love posters for Jordan or cookies for his office or something non productive like that. I guess what I am saying is that like my friend, my family is my life and we are happy and late and messy! Well at any rate, I am proud to join my friend in the boring blog ranks! Hope you all enjoy your week!
This is the swimming pool that the Easter Bunny brought to Michaela. Not that instead of a swimming suit and flip flops, we are still in winter coats and boots!



3 comments:
I agree. Where does all the time go, anyway?
I TOTALLY know what you mean. When Joseph comes home he's all happy to see us and then when he gets a glimps of the living room his face drops. I try to explain to him that I don't just sit around eating bon bons all day and watching "house wife crack" (daytime tv) but he doesn't believe me that it's important to play, read, dance, craft, and watch cartoons with your kids.
ha ha- I just had this "discussion" with Dirk yesterday- about how I'd rather play outside with Hayden all day, then do the laundry and dishes! It's hard not being on a schedule- I'm usually much more productive with the house during the day, if I have something on my calender that day as well- get's me motivated. We have to work all our lives, and the dirty dishes will never end- but our little kids being cute as a bug and wanting to play with mommy will end!
Post a Comment