Okay, so yesterday was the worst day of my life. I am certian I can say that. It begins with an entire three months of Michaela's urinary tract infections and hospitalizations, (I don't know if I posted when she was admitted again, ON HER BIRTHDAY.) and a "virus" that she has had for about six weeks now. I take her to the doctor at least once a week, sure there is something more than a virus and she can have medicine for it, but everytime I am sent home with tylenol and motrin. Anyway, yesterday she felt a little warm when I put her down for a nap but she was sleeping so I didn't wake her for tylenol. About 45 min into the nap, I heard a yelp and thought someone stepped on a puppy outside or something. After dismissing the noise, my body got chills and my mom internal voice (also known as the spirit) told me to check on Michaela. So I go in there to see my poor little baby having a seizure. Her eyes were wide open and rolled into the back of her head and she was shaking like a fish out of water..... So I pick her up, attempt to call 911, but I don't have service downstairs so I carry Michaela upstairs while she is still seizing, use the landline and scream to the operator that my one year old is and has been seizing for at least two minutes. I could hardly get my address out, and couldn't think of my house number, and this whole time Michaela is still shaking and at this point her lips are turning blue and she's going limp. I gave her rescue breaths and ran out to the lobby to meet the paramedics, the whole time my baby is limp in my arms and still shaking. Three or four minutes have gone by...... I gave her some more breaths, she finially stops seizing and now I am sitting on the bench in the lobby. So now Michaela is slowly starting to come out of it, still jerky and vacant looking but breathing and looking less blue, I realize I hung up on 911 when I carried the landline to the lobby and my cell phone didn't get service where I was sitting (side note.... switch to a useful cell phone company?) so I jumped on this poor man waling inside, I said in a urgent tone, Sir I need your phone, my baby is sick and I need to call my husband. Dude looks at me for a moment so I say, I NEED THE PHONE PLEASE. Jordan gets three words, Michaela is having a seizure, and I hang up on him. The manager comes out and asks whats going on. I realize I am about to get into an ambulance and I don't have any shoes on so I scream at her, I need my shoes! So she gets them, the paramedics come, Jordan gets there,we ride in the ambulance, go to the ER, Michaela had a Febrile Seizure which happens when a temperature spikes or drops suddenly. They say there are never side effects and they actually aren't emergencies and I don't even have to call 911 if it happens again. RIGHT. I will be calling. Anyway, she is fine, her temp is being regulated by Motrin and Tylenol, it's 98.8 now which is low normal, and we are ALL recovering. I actually want to publically thank Morgan Killian for educating me about a month ago when this happened to her daughter because I knew instantly what was going on and freaked out less than I would have otherwise....so THANKS MORGAN! Anyway, someday the health scares will cease, and I will be less paranoid. I actually didn't sleep last night, I watched Michaela like a movie, stuck a thermometer in her poor bum every two hours and the poor girl is terrified of a diaper change now. Life is returning to normal, and MAYBE tomorrow night I will go to sleep, not tonight though! Thanks for the prayers and calls, they were needed, felt and appreciated.
2 years ago



6 comments:
Seriously making me cry, reading this- Take her to a better doctor!! Please! Love you guys- hope your little girl starts feeling better <3
Ugggh! I never have time to check blogs much so Joseph was reading blogs tonight and says, "Michaela had a seizure". My stomach instantly dropped and I wanted to throw up. It brought flash backs of seeing Ella like that to me. I totally know how you feel. That sick helpless panicky feeling and like everything is moving in slow motion. I'm so glad I could help. You really don't realize how bad things can get till they actually happen. I'm so glad that things are good and enjoy sleeping by your baby. You'll look at her a lot differently when your mad at her now. :) I do for Ella. :)You guys are in our prayers.
Oh My! I am so glad she is doing ok today. I will keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers that you get this all figured out. I agree with the other person on here who said this, "Get a new Doctor!" I can't believe they would tell you not to call the next time she did that. I would be like, "yeah right!" There is no way I could keep myself from calling. Keep me updated. Love you all. Take care and I hope you get some rest.
I am so sorry. Seizures are scary!!! I can't imagine what it would feel like to see my own child have one. You did great. Keep me updated.
A friend of mine has that happen to her daughter every time she gets a fever so they are really careful to keep her away from sick people. I'll have to ask her more about it.
I am glad Michaela is okay. I know it must have been horrific for you to go through. I wish that it hadn't happened to you but I am glad that you posted it... it makes me thankful that at least we are healthy right now. Plus I appreciated your post before this one. It's good to realize that I am not alone in struggling to keep up the house and take care of the kids. I hope she feels better and doesn't get sick again for a while.
Oh my goodness!!! That is the scariest thing ever!! I'm so glad she is okay!!!! That just breaks my heart!! I don't even think I would have known what to do. It seems like your little angel has been through so much!! Poor little sweetheart! I'm so glad things are looking better now though and that you are finding a new doctor. We will keep you in our prayers. :) Take care!
Post a Comment