Monday, August 11, 2008

Plenty going on in Iowa!

Jordan and I are sharing a computer right now as mine is in pieces across the country. The PC got here yesterday, we have to pick up a new monitor today and the printer is in a box somewhere. Anyway, with homework and unpacking, toddlers and dinner to think of, I have been a slacker in my posts! Not for lack of things happening around here, I promise! Jordan's little sister Shawnie has been here with us for a month, so we have been doing as much with her as we could. She had to fly home to Seattle yesterday, (sad face) so now the real life in Iowa begins. We did a lot of church history in the last month, Carthage Jail, Winter Quarters, Nauvoo, Liberty Jail, Adam-Ondi-Ahman, I can't even name it all! There are tons of pictures, and I am trying to get them all up here, especially for the grandmas!

My favorite part of the trip though was yesterday, we got to see Michaela's birthmother for the first time since we took Michaela home from Missouri. We flew Shawnie out of Kansas City, Missouri and Davea (Michaela's birthmother) met up with us there for breakfast. How wonderful it was for us to see her! I can't even tell you how much I love and respect this woman. I was a little nervous to tell you the truth, like what if Michaela deserves a spanking? Should I? What if, what if, what if? But honestly, when I saw her, I forgot how nervous I felt and instantly fell in love with her all over again! She is such a neat person, I wish you could all know her. Michaela is so lucky to have her in her life. We had such a great time and if I had the right words, I could express how much I love Davea, the reason I am a mommy today! Anyway, here are some pictures of yesterday, more to come of the rest of the last month I promise! Have a good Monday!



6 comments:

MoJo said...

Good idea on the prayer swap. ;) I'm so jeleous of you guys getting to go to KC and Nauvoo! We've been wanting to go back ever since we've been married! Hopfully next year is our year and then we could visit YOU guys this time around. How far away from Nauvoo are you?

The McClellan Family said...

I am glad to hear you made it to Iowa in one piece. I am so sorry we didn't meet up in Wa - seems like I am always saying that!!! I ran into your sister and mom at the Capital Mall - very random. I can't believe how big her baby is! I really really hope we get to get together soon!!!

Kristin said...

What a neat experience for Michaela to see her birth mother again. Glad that you guys are finally getting settled into Iowa. So sad that you won't be in WA when we get there next week. Good luck with unpacking boxes!

Graham said...

Michaela looks like her mom, and she looks like you guys... that is amazing. It is so great that you have a good relationship with Michaela's birth mom.

The Fifes said...

fun travels! It's great to see more pictures of her birth mother. I'm sure everyone enjoyed that. Glad to know you're there safe and sound. Any floods in your apartment yet? ;)

Deanna said...

Michaela is such a loved little girl! She looks so much like Davea, but I would never have known she was adopted if you hadn't told me. It's amazing!